Monday, January 17

Life Plan

This week I was lucky enough to attend a very insightful summit on private equity. It was the University Private Equity Summit hosted by the University of Utah. Among the guest panelists and speakers were world-class entrepreneurs, Angel Investors, and Venture Capitalists (controlling a combined sum of over $95 billion worldwide).

Speakers that impressed me include: Overstock's Patrick Byrne, RC Willey's Bill Child, Mike Murray of Unitus, and Joel Peterson. Joel, founder of Peterson Capital, Lead Director at Franklin Covey, and professor at Stanford University, spoke on building a Life Plan (see link through this post's title). This is much like a Business Plan, but maps out and operationalizes the core goals of our lives. I was inspired to follow this counsel and began the next day. It is getting lengthy, but I thought I'd post the 10 most important goals from my Life Plan. Now the world will hold me accountable.

10. Travel the World
9. Own a Major League Baseball Franchise
8. Continue a lifelong formal and informal education
7. Provide meaningful service to my country
6. Make a lasting impact on world poverty
5. Master self-discipline by cultivating my talents
4. Serve to the best of my ability in church callings
3. Raise passionate children
2. Become a worthy, honorable husband
1. Live in a way so I can meet Christ without shame or regret

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Darren D. Johnson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home