Thursday, March 31

Apparently... love is not necessarily the answer

I had an interesting thought today while sitting at the Sales Intelligence Summit 2005.

It was extremely insightful. I would encourage anyone in sales or business management to try and attend next year's.

So I was looking around the room at the various individuals present. Women, men, old, young, fat, thin, tall, harry, and from all different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. I thought to myself...with all the hatred, division, disputation and disparate thought in this world, what could bring all these people together in such a peaceful setting?

My skin began to tingle...chills went down my spine...my hair stood up...tears began to swell in my eyes...I had my answer!

It wasn't love, service, religion, or brotherhood. It wasn't a political move... It wasn't altruistic in nature.

No, the one element in life that crosses all borders and penetrates every soul on earth is none other than my personal best friend....MONEY.

Everyone in that room recognized the necessity and utility associated with money, and everyone in there had flown planes, driven cars, cancelled meetings and joined together in search of more.

What a wonderful world :-)

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are young, I can see that, so hopefully you have plenty of time to learn. By saying that money is your best friend, and what a wonderful world it is because money and wealth transcend all divisions, allows the 2 or 3 of us that happened to stumble across this sight to see the emptiness of your soul. Money might be your best friend, that's fine, sad but fine. But people who tend to think like you and approach the world the same way you do miss out on the true joys of life. They might end up living comfortably, but also often lonely. I would challenge you to contemplate the reason for your existence. Is it simply to make money, be a successful businessman etc. Or is there more to it? That is something that only you can answer for yourself. Also, here's another challenge...to have some of your own thoughts, original thoughts, instead of simply xeroxing other people's insights and trying to make yourself look wise or well-read. It shows your insecurity.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Clint, and I'm pretty sure he would kick your ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home